What is Breathwork?
Breathwork is a simple and easy practice harnessing the power of your breath to activate healing, calm the mind, and release anything holding you back. It’s perfect for those who struggle with traditional meditation or want to explore ways to go deeper in their practice. Come lay down, relax and just breathe!
Breathwork, uplifting music, and visualization are powerful and beneficial modalities on their own, but when you start blending and combining them in your daily meditation or spiritual practice, the magic starts happening.
SOMA Breath takes fundamental Pranayama techniques put into a sequence that combines rhythmic breathing to beat-driven music, for therapeutic function and makes it easy to experience.
Think of SOMA Breath as a means to activate your “Inner Pharmacy” through the power of your breath.
One of the main goals of SOMA Breath is to correct your breathing so that your normal rate of breathing at rest is 5-6 breaths per minute. On average people breathe 10+ breaths per minute. Very sick or highly stressed people breathe even more than that! Slowing your breath can help protect against disease, balance your emotions, and help you be more in flow state.
Additional Benefits include:
- More efficient at using oxygen
- Increased mind-body connection
- Increased cardiovascular health: more stamina, endurance, better fitness
- Reduce inflammation
- Balance your nervous system
- Deep state of meditation
- Calmer and clearer mind
- Emotional processing and release
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Enhance creativity and problem solving.
- Create heightened states of consciousness and inspiration.
- Improve brain function and mind power.
- Cleanse and purify the bloodstream and lymphatic system.
- Reduce depression/anxiety.
- Re-imprint your mind with more empowering beliefs and habits.
- Set intentions and create the motivation and energy to complete important goals.
- Awaken to your soul’s purpose and authentic self