April showers may bring May flowers, but it also brings seasonal threats that keep many people inside. Spring came around even earlier this year, and you may be feeling its effects.
Before you run to the drugstore and buy all of their antihistamines, here are three essential oils that will help reduce your symptoms and allow you to enjoy this gorgeous weather.
While each oil is amazing on its own, the combination of lemon, lavender, and peppermint is perfect for allergies and seasonal threats. This trio of oils will defend your body against environmental elements from spring through fall.
Let’s explore the benefits of these oils individually, so we can understand why they work so well synergistically.
Lemon oil is known to have powerful cleansing properties to help cleanse your body’s systems and protect your body from unwanted threats throughout the year. It’s also frequently used for respiratory discomfort.
Lavender oil is renowned for its calming and balancing effects, and skin-supporting benefits. I use this oil everyday for its calming and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also a wonderful, natural sleep aid!
Peppermint oil promotes clear breathing and healthy respiratory function, making it perfect for allergy season. It’s also a great oil to use for headaches and digestive support.
Together they provide the perfect synergism of seasonal protection.
When taken internally, this blend can provide you with far reaching benefits. In particular, the synergistic effects of these oils are ideal for addressing seasonal discomfort. (See note below).
The spring, summer, and fall months tend to bring many seasonal and environmental elements that can cause discomfort and concern almost daily.
You don’t have to put up with this discomfort or resort to medications with unwanted side effects. Effective, natural support is here for you.
Uses and Benefits
- The most significant benefit of combining lemon, lavender, and peppermint is that they help protect against seasonal and environmental elements. The combination of equal parts lemon, lavender, and peppermint oil offers you the seasonal support you need by promoting clear breathing, healthy respiratory function, and cleansing.
- Cleansing the systems of your body can be very helpful for protection against seasonal or environmental threats. That is why lemon oil is part of the equation. Lemon oil is known to have powerful cleansing properties to help detox your body’s systems and protect your body from potential threats throughout the year.
- Another major benefit of this oil trio is its ability to provide calming and balancing effects, both internally and externally. Taken internally, Lavender oil is known to provide powerful internal and external calming. During seasons when threats are high, your body will benefit from the calming, anti-inflammatory effects that these oils provide, both internally and externally.
- When seasonal threats strike, respiratory discomfort becomes a common problem. Luckily, these oils will help promote clear breathing and healthy respiratory function. Peppermint essential oil, in particular, supports proper respiratory function to help you breathe easy.
How to use:
- Take ONLY certified pure therapeutic grade oils internally by combining 1-2 drops of each oil in a glass of water or veggie capsule. NOTE: alway read the label before using an oil internally. Not all oils are created equal!!!
- For additional support or when using with kids, combine 2 drops of each oil in a diffuser and diffuse in your home or bedroom.
- Topical use is another great option for young kids. Combine equal parts lemon, lavender, peppermint in a roller bottle with fractionated coconut oil and apply to the bottom of feet, chest, and back.
Does seasonal discomfort keep you from doing the things you love? If environmental or seasonal issues keep you from playing with your kids in the park, joining your friends for tennis, or taking your morning jog, lemon, lavender, and peppermint can help provide support. Take these oils before doing something active in the spring or fall. For proactive support, have these oils on hand to take before doing anything outdoors.
A note on quality
If you choose to use essential oils, please know that quality is incredibly important. Make sure you’re using only pure, therapeutic grade oils that have zero synthetics or impurities. Always read the label to see if it’s approved for internal use.
I choose to use doTERRA essential oils because they are the highest quality oils on the market.
doTERRA oils are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade which guarantees that they are the highest quality of oils and they’re verified safe for all ages and uses. Our plants are grown and harvested in their natural habitat.
The oils are beyond organic, verified free of any pesticides, synthetics, fillers, or impurities. Every single batch of oil undergoes stringent third party testing with the best labs to guarantee their powerful benefits without harmful side effects.
I encourage you to use this allergy remedy to fight your way through pollen season and enjoy the warmer weather ahead.
Ready to get started with the purest oils on the market? Click here to learn how.