34 Powerful and Effective Ways to Stress Less
Jul 02, 2018
Stress is everywhere, and it can be all-consuming if we let it. Instead you can implement practices to help reduce your daily stress and manage your stress in a healthier way.
Chronic stress has a very negative impact on the body if it’s not addressed. Overtime it leads to burnout and chronic illness.
Don’t let stress control your life.
Here are 34 powerful and effective ways to stress less, reconnect, and find peace right now.
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Diffuse essential oils like lavender and vetiver
- Spend time in quiet prayer/meditation
- Unplug – turn off all devices for the day
- Stretch in the morning and evening
- Work on a personal or house project that you enjoy
- Listen to uplifting music you love
- Enjoy a peaceful walk outside in nature
- Learn a new hobby or take a class
- Plan your morning ahead of time
- Reduce caffeine
- Perform a random act of kindness
- Get a 30-minute massage
- Focus on the positive things in your daily life
- Eat a healthy diet, remove sugar and processed foods
- Cut out negative self-talk – become aware of your negative thoughts and limiting beliefs
- Go for a run
- Commit to taking high quality supplements like doTERRA’s Lifelong Vitality Pack (my favorite!)
- Spend time with loved ones
- Learn to say NO – be selective with your time and don’t overcommit
- Take a yoga class
- Practice deep breathing
- Play with your pet (I love my sweet Baxter!)
- Try EFT- Tapping
- Give an AromaTouch massage
- Improve your sleep hygiene
- Reach out to someone who’s been on your mind
- Read a book for 20 minutes
- STOP multitasking – “Multitasking is merely the opportunity to screw up more than one thing at a time.” – Steve Uzzell
- Communicate your needs
- Schedule white space on your calendar – personal time with no other obligations
- Get outside and garden or plant flowers
- Take a day to declutter and clean
- Think about what you achieved today
My challenge to you is to implement at least on of the activities above each day this summer. If you’re consistent with this practice, it will become part of your regular routine and you will notice you feel much more relaxed!
What’s your favorite “stress less” practice? Share your comments below!