Gluten-Free Chicken Spaghetti
Nov 10, 2013
I was so excited to host a family dinner last Sunday night, but I had to figure out what I wanted to cook.
I love to cook, but I’m used to cooking for 2, not 12!! I needed to make something that was kid-friendly, healthy, and easy to make in large quantities.
I decided to go with chicken spaghetti- always a crowd pleaser.
However, I modified it a little bit to make it gluten-free and FODMAPs friendly. It can also be dairy-free if you omit the cheese. Additionally, I added some extra veggies to increase the nutrient content. This is an easy recipe to make in large amounts, and you can enjoy leftovers throughout the week. (I doubled the recipe below for our family dinner.)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 box of gluten-free pasta (I used whole grain brown rice spaghetti)
- 1 can of organic diced tomatoes and jalapenos, drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box
- In medium pan, heat coconut oil and saute chicken, zucchini, and red pepper on medium heat.
- Once pasta is done, drain and pour into large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken broth, almond milk, tomatoes and jalapenos.
- Once chicken and veggies are done, slice chicken and add veggies and chicken to pasta.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into casserole dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 more minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Our family dinner was so much fun! My in-laws helped out with the appetizer, sides and dessert, which included veggies and guacamole, baked asparagus and carrots, salad, a delicious chocolate torte!