Who likes whipped cream? I do! However, have you looked at the ingredients in Cool Whip or Reddi Wip?
Here’s just a few ingredients of great concern: hydrogenated vegetable oil, high fructose corn syrup, sodium caseinate, propellant, carrageenan, corn syrup, polysorbate 60, non-organic milk.
While these products might taste good, they’re made up of highly toxic, inflammatory, GMO ingredients that will wreak havoc on your gut and your body.
With that said, making your own whipped cream can be a much healthier alternative, and it will likely taste better too!
Here’s a great recipe for non-dairy whipped cream using coconut milk. This recipe uses only 3 ingredients, so it’s pretty easy, and it tastes amazing!
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (no additives added)
- 2-3 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Refrigerate the coconut milk overnight. This will separate the cream from the coconut water.
- Remove from fridge and turn upside down.
- Open can. Water will be on top.
- Discard the water. You can save it to use in smoothies.
- Scoop the coconut cream into mixing bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream until it’s fluffy.
- Add the sweetener and vanilla.
- Mix again.
Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows