Who doesn’t like bread? It is the epitome of comfort food. In the standard American diet however, bread is over-consumed. We often see bread served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not to mention it’s usually highly processed and contains a bunch of toxic additives. Sure this extends the shelf-life, but it’s highly unnatural and harmful to your body.
When I gave up gluten five years ago, I basically eliminated my bread consumption completely. Then I started to find gluten-free and paleo options that were just as good if not better. I still don’t eat bread on a regular basis, but I do like to make my own bread occasionally.
I’ve tried a few different bread recipes, but I really like this one. It’s incredibly easy and delicious. I use an all-purpose paleo baking flour that you can buy at the store, so you don’t have to mix your own. One less step for you!
Give this a try and let me know what you think! I’m pretty sure your family will love it.
- 2 ¼ cup paleo baking flour – I like this one
- ¼ cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt
- In a large bowl mix eggs, melted coconut oil, and AVC
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl with wet ingredients
- Mix well until dough is formed
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper
- Pour dough into pan
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Serve warm or refrigerate to keep fresh
Do you have a favorite gluten-free or paleo bread recipe? Please share in the comments!