Melaleuca oil is a staple in my house and an oil that I use on a daily basis for its numerous benefits. More commonly known as “Tea Tree,” Melaleuca essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications.
The leaves of the Melaleuca tree were used by the Aborigines of Australia for centuries. They would crush the leaves and inhale the oil to promote feelings of clear breathing and apply the leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect.
Melaleuca is best known for its purifying properties. You can use it to cleanse and purify your skin and nails and to support a healthy complexion. You can take 1-2 drops of melaleuca internally to promote healthy immune function, and you can use it to clean your countertops.
Melaleuca is a wonderful oil to use on skin irritations to soothe the skin. Finally, you can diffuse Melaleuca to help purify and freshen the air.
Check out this short video for a few ways I love to use Melaleuca Oil
How to Use Melaleuca Oil
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
- Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function. (see note at bottom)
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keeps nails looking healthy.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. (see note at bottom)
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
NOTE: As with all essential oils, quality is critical! About 90% of essential oils on the market are synthetic or adulterated, so you’re getting marginal, if any, health benefit from them. They may smell nice, but there’s no therapeutic value, and you definitely don’t want to take them internally!
I use and recommend only Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils by doTERRA because they are the highest quality of oils on the market. When you’re using something for your health and your family’s health, you want to make sure you’re using the best.
Want more information? Contact me, and we’ll connect!
Please share your favorite ways to use Melaleuca! I’d love to hear from you.