Detox Your Home with These DIY Non-Toxic Cleaning Recipes
Apr 22, 2019
It’s springtime, which means spring cleaning and cleansing! There’s something about the shedding of our winter coats that prompts us to clean every nook and cranny of our living spaces.
After hibernating all season long, spring time is cleaning time, but with all those chemical-filled products on the market, how can you deep clean without running the risk of introducing toxins into your home?
Naturally safe and effective, essential oils are powerful cleaning and refreshing agents. In fact, the only thing I use to clean my home are essential oil-based DIY products!
Why? Because they’re super easy to make, they save you a ton of money, and they’re pure enough to eat (not that I do). But they’re totally safe for you, your family, and your pets.
Try these nature-based recipes to detoxify your spring cleaning routine.
- All-purpose cleaner: mix OnGuard or Tea Tree (Melaleuca) with distilled water and white vinegar
- Grease cleaner: mix Wild Orange with distilled water and Castile soap
- Glass cleaner: mix distilled water with white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, and cornstarch
- Wood cutting board cleaner: mix Fractionated Coconut Oil, Citrus Bliss, and Lemon with distilled water
- Silver and stainless steel cleaner: soak utensils in white vinegar
- Grout cleaner: mix distilled water with baking soda, vinegar, and lemon juice
- Floor cleaner: mix distilled water with rubbing alcohol and vinegar
- Carpet cleaner: mix Lavender with your favorite citrus oil, hot water, hydrogen peroxide, white vinegar, and dish soap
- Upholstery cleaner: mix rubbing alcohol with white vinegar
- Wood polish: mix Lemon with pure olive oil and white or orange vinegar
- Air cleaner: diffuse Purify, citrus oils, or OnGuard
- Linen detergent: mix Tea Tree (Melaleuca) with Castile soap
- Dryer sheets: mix Lavender or Sandalwood with white vinegar and soak a small cloth with the mixture
- Linen spray: mix Lavender or Serenity with distilled water and clear alcohol
- Indoor plant bug spray: mix Peppermint with distilled vinegar
- Dust cleaner: mix Lemon and Grapefruit with almond oil, vegetable glycerin, and apple cider vinegar
- Surface cleaner: mix Lavender, Lemon, and distilled water with vinegar
- Mirror cleaner: mix Peppermint with distilled water and white vinegar
- Rust remover: use white vinegar
- Mildew remover: mix Peppermint and Tea Tree (Melaleuca) with hydrogen peroxide
- Toilet bowl cleaner: mix Tea Tree (Melaleuca) with baking soda and vinegar
It’s Good to have Options
If you’re not a DIYer, that’s okay because doTERRA has an entire line of OnGuard products that use clean, non-toxic ingredients. This diverse essential oil blend supports healthy immune function and contains cleansing properties, which makes it the perfect product to clean your home with essential oils.
Do you use essential oils to clean your house? What are some of your favorites?
Not yet using oils?!? You’re missing out! Click here to discover how you can get the BEST oils and the BEST prices.