Use This Natural Cleansing Agent for Healthy Kidneys, Skin and Mind
Aug 27, 2018
Wood, spicy and clean are the scents that describe Juniper berries. They come from the evergreen shrub Juniperus communis, a common plant found across all of the Northern Hemisphere. And they’ve been used for a variety of purposes for many centuries.
Steam distillation of these berries yields an essential oil composed mainly of alpha-Pinene. Other compounds include myrcene, sabinene, limonene, and beta-Pinene in lower concentrations. In an original research study by doTERRA scientists, the effect of Juniper Berry essential oil on the BioMAP® dermal fibroblast system was characterized by measuring protein levels and quantifying gene expression. Using the BioMAP® system, scientists discovered that the cells exposed to Juniper Berry oil had significantly lower levels of 7 of the 17 biomarkers (biomarkers known to be produced in excess during inflammatory conditions) compared to cells not exposed to the essential oil.
This research leads scientists to conclude that Juniper Berry essential oil is a natural cleansing agent and supports healthy kidney and urinary function, when used internally. It’s also very beneficial to the skin and acts as a natural skin toner and reduces the appearances of skin blemishes. When used for its aroma, Juniper Berry has a calming and grounding effect that helps to relieve tension and stress.
Juniper Berry essential oil blends well with Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Cypress, White Fir, Vetiver, Clary Sage, Chamomile, Patchouli, or with any citrus oils.
Here’s just a few Juniper Berry Oil Uses and Benefits:
- Juniper Berry oil has the ability to act as a natural skin toner and reduce the appearance of skin blemishes. To promote a clear and healthy complexion, apply one drop of Juniper Berry essential oil to your skin.
- Give an extra boost of support to your organs by taking Juniper Berry oil internally. Taken internally, Juniper Berry essential oil will help support healthy kidney and urinary tract function.
- For an optimal aroma, diffuse three drops of Juniper Berry and four drops of Bergamot for a light, fresh scent. Juniper Berry oil is ideal for diffusing because of its calming effects and ability to cleanse the air. Bergamot is one of the best essential oil pairings for Juniper Berry, and will enhance the benefits of this aromatic fusion by providing a calming and uplifting effect.
And a few more less common uses:
- Make a facemask all your friends will love by adding one to two drops of Juniper Berry to a Bentonite clay mask.With Juniper Berry’s many facial enhancing properties, you won’t want to miss out on this rejuvenating face mask.
- For a wonderful massage blend, combine Juniper Berry essential oil with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a soothing, cleansing massage. Juniper Berry oil contains powerful topical cleansing benefits that will help to cleanse the skin.
- Add Juniper Berry essential oil to your meal! Juniper Berry oil goes great with French-inspired sauces and desserts and will boost a variety of meals. For best results, use Juniper Berry essential oil sparingly.
- If you’re trying a natural cleanse, add one to two drops of Juniper Berry essential oil to water or citrus drinks as a part of your natural cleansing regimen. Juniper Berry oil is excellent for cleanses due to its natural ability to cleanse and detoxify. As well as its ability to support healthy kidney and urinary tract function.
- Create your own freshening spray. Combine a couple of drops of Juniper Berry oil with water in a spray bottle and use to cleanse. Use to freshen a linen closet, mattress, car, or the air. Juniper Berry oil has natural cleansing benefits that make it a great essential oil for purifying and freshening.
Have you used Juniper Berry essential oil before? Did you use it topically, internally or diffuse it? I’d love to know your experience with this incredible oil. And if you have questions on uses for this oil, please comment below.