Easy, Grain-Free Pumpkin Pie
Dec 08, 2013
While I’m not a fan of the cold weather the fall and winter brings, I am a fan of the delicious, seasonal veggies.
I simply cannot get enough pumpkin, butternut squash, and acorn squash. These naturally sweet vegetables are loaded with nutrients and can be incorporated into meals in a variety of ways.
One of my favorite desserts right now is this easy, grain-free pumpkin pie. It only requires a few ingredients and is a healthier alternative to the pies you find at the grocery store. Did I mention, it’s delicious?!?
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ tbsp organic butter or coconut oil
- 1 can organic pumpkin
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut nectar, honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease the bottom of a 9×9 glass baking dish with butter or coconut oil
- Press the almond flour to the bottom of the dish
- Mix the remaining ingredients (pumpkin, spice, eggs, and sweetener) and pour over the crust.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes
- Cool before serving
- Top with coconut whipped cream.